In honor of its commitment to the local community, Catskill Regional Medical Center has created an Emergency Care Institute. The Institute offers a series of free courses to assist local Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Personnel in Sullivan County to meet their requirements for New York State certification.
Our amazing instructors: Tommy Andryshak, Jr. EMT-P, CIC, Charles Lee Miller RN, EMT-P, and guest lecturers TBA, will be covering a series of topics each month, including:
- 3/21/2019: Pharmacology/Med Admin/Emerg Meds, Immunology/Toxicology, Endocrine/Neurology
- 4/18/2019: Respiratory Psychiatric and Cardiology
- 5/16/2019: Abd/Geni-Renal/GI/Hematology
- 6/20/2019: Trauma
- 7/18/2019: Trauma / Shock and Resuscitation
- 8/15/2019: OB/Neonate/Pediatrics and Special Needs Patients
- 9/19/2019: Geriatrics and EMS Operations
All classes will run from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. on the third Thursday of the month and will take place in Catskill Regional’s Board Room, 2nd floor, Ambulatory Surgery Building, 68 Harris-Bushville Road, Harris, NY 12742.
Classes will qualify attendees for the New York State required Continuing Medical Education Core Content. Please ask for more information about qualifications when you register.
How to Register
For more information or to register, contact Barbara Horton at 845-794-3300 ext. 2250.
Emergency Care Institute Meeting Schedule
View all Support Groups & Classes
Catskill Regional Medical Center offers a number of support groups and community classes on various topics. Information on each group including location and schedule can be found, here.