Learn what to expect during the phases of childbirth. Our one session childbirth class will help expectant couples to be better prepared for their hospital experience. Session includes:
- A review of labor and birth
- Use of Yoga positions for comfortable labor
- Relaxation and other comfort measures
- A tour of the maternity rooms at CRMC
The instructor, Stephanie Sosnowski, is a Certified Childbirth Educator with ICEA (International Childbirth Education Association) and is also a Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) and has been teaching perinatal health since 1990.
- Expectant moms and their partners should bring a mat and/or towel.
- Please wear comfortable clothing, and bring a mat or towel with you for our relaxation and yoga positions activity.
- Partners are encouraged to attend!
Class is sponsored by Catskill Regional Medical Center and MISN.
How to Register
There is no charge for this class, but pre-registration is required. Class size is limited, so please register early. Please visit our EventBrite event page to register.
Childbirth Classes are offered by Maternal Infant Services Network of Orange, Sullivan and Ulster Counties, Inc. regardless of where you plan to deliver. It is recommended that women attend the class two months before their due date.
Class is held in the Board Room, 2nd floor of the Ambulatory Services Building.
In case of snow, the class will be rescheduled to the following Saturday, February 17, same time.
Text or call Stephanie Sosnowski at 845-492-9027
Childbirth Class Meeting Schedule
View all Support Groups
Catskill Regional Medical Center offers a number of support groups and community classes on various topics. Information on each group including location and schedule can be found, here.