Thank you for placing your trust in Catskill Regional Medical Group, a primary care and multi-specialty practice founded by Catskill Regional Medical Center.
Dr. Imran Ahmed and his staff from our new office Catskill Regional Medical Group – Bethel, previously known as Bethel Medical Family Practice, P.C. Located at 1522 State Route 17B and can be reached at (845) 583-5620.
Our Primary Care team of Board-certified physicians and Board-certified nurse practitioners go beyond diagnosis and treatment of the illness. While utilizing Evidence Based Guidelines to support practice and treatment of our patients, we also focus on health promotion, disease prevention, health maintenance, counseling and patient education. Providing exceptional healthcare to all ages, from newborns to geriatrics.
Improve the health of our community by providing exceptional healthcare.
Each of our patients is evaluated and cared for by a team of healthcare professionals using an individual care plan regardless of the patient’s ability to pay. We welcome Medicare, Medicaid and other insurances. For uninsured patients who are eligible, we can provide a discount on healthcare services as well as information on how to obtain health insurance.
Primary Care Services
Our Primary Care services for adults, include:
- Physicals/Preventative Health
- Medical Evaluations and Diseases Management
- Laboratory Testing Referral
- Diabetes/Hypertension Screenings and Education
- Mammogram Referral
- Nutritional Assessment and Referrals
- Referrals for Specialty Care
- Adult Immunization
- Employment, School and Housing Physicals
- Financial Counseling for Eligibility Determination
- PADI Scuba Diving Physical Exam
- School Bus Driver Physical Exam
- Department of Transportation (DOT) Physical Exam for Commercial Drivers License, i.e. Truck Driving.
- Workers Comp Exams
- Pre-Admission History and Physical for Surgery
Our Primary Care services for Children, include:
- Well-Child Visits
- Sick-Child Visits
- School and Sport Physicals
- Childhood Immunization
- Oral Health Assessments
- Fluoride Tooth Varnishing Treatments
- Hearing and Vision Testing
- Lead Screening
- Laboratory Testing
Women’s Health Services
We also offer the following women’s health (prenatal and postnatal services) to women:
- Preconception Counseling and Exams
- Pregnancy Testing
- Prenatal Risk Assessments
- Maternity Education and Counseling
- Laboratory Testing
- Gynecological Services
Our Primary Care physicians are our patient’s first line of early detection and diagnosis for cancer. We provide the following:
- Pap Smear for detecting cervical cancer
- Breast examinations for suspicious lumps and for breast cancer
- Testicular examinations to screen for testicular cancer
- Skin examinations are done to screen for skin cancers
- Colon cancer screening recommendation
- Allergy Testing and Allergy Shots
- Strep Screen
- Influenza Screen
- Pregnancy Testing
- Hearing Screen (Audiometry)
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Pulmonary Function Testing (PFT)
- Oximetry (Blood Oxygen Levels)
Our physicians and nurse practitioners are very skilled with providing a number of treatment procedures including:
- Repairing and suturing wounds (with local anesthesia)
- Skin biopsies and excisions
- Cryotherapy (liquid nitrogen) for destruction of warts, skin tags, premalignant sun-damaged skin lesions
- Electrosurgery for destruction of skin lesions and Seborrheic Keratosis
- Splinter removal
- Treatment of ingrown toenails
- Removal of corneal foreign body
- Cortisone injections for joints and soft tissue problems
- Aerosol medicated nebulizer treatments(for asthma, COPD)
Meet Our Primary Care Providers
Our highly-trained, qualified and professional medical staff is comprised of clinicians who are Board-certified in Family Medicine and internal medicine. Our Nurse Practitioners and Certified Medical Assistants work closely with our Registered Nurses using technologically-advanced healthcare equipment and treatment programs.
Joseph Chavez Carey, M.D., FAAFP
Primary Care Medical Director
Dr. Chavez Carey is Board-certified in Family Medicine, Fluent in Spanish. He received his medical degree from New York University School of Medicine, New York and completed his internship and residency at Contra Costa Regional Medical Center, California.
Castle Connolly 2018 Top Doctor
Joseph Chavez Carey, MD is recognized as a Top Doctor by Castle Connolly in 2018. To earn the title of Top Doctor, a physician must be nominated by a peer and vetted by the physician-led research team at Castle Connolly. Top Docs are among the most highly sought-after medical professionals in their communities.
Imran Ahmed, M.D., FAAFP, MPH
David Morcos, D.O.
Lauren S. Roman, M.D.
Nancy Eschenberg, MS, FNP-BC
Brynn McKeon, PA-C
Hours and Locations
We are proud to offer Primary Care services out of four locations across Sullivan County! Daytime and evening hours are offered at each location. Same day appointments are available. Walk-ins are welcome!
To access an on-call physician via our answering service, please call the phone numbers listed under each office location.
1522 State Route 17B
White Lake, NY 12786
Monday: 9:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Tues – Fri: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
8881 State Route 97
Callicoon, NY 12723
Mon – Fri: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
36 Pearl Street, PO Box 770
Livingston Manor, NY 12758
Mon, Wed, Thurs, Fri: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
38 Concord Road,
Monticello, NY 12701
Mon – Thurs: 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Friday: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
What to Bring To Your Appointment
- Proof of address is required with or without insurance
- If you have medical coverage, please bring a copy of your insurance, Medicaid or Medicare card
- Records from other doctors and/or hospitals. To transfer your records from your previous provider, contact a member of our team at your new primary care office for assistance.
- A list of all medications you take including supplements, vitamins, home remedies and herbs
- Copies of your lab, x-ray and special procedure reports
- A list of any health concerns or questions you may have
Our specialty services, including: urology, orthopedics, rheumatology & more – are located at our Harris location on the 3rd Floor of our Ambulatory Service Building at: 68 Harris Bushville Road, Harris, NY 12742