Catskill Regional Medical Group understands the critical role of Pediatrics in the routine care of young people. That’s why we’re so excited to announce our newly born Pediatrics Department!
Our pediatricians are committed to providing your precious child with comprehensive health care, including well visits, check-ups, and the prevention, detection and management of any physical, developmental, emotional or social issues your child may experience from birth through adolescence. Our team works closely with parents and caregivers to foster healthy lifestyles and optimal overall health for children.
What is a Pediatrician?
Pediatricians service as the primary care provider for infants, children and adolescents. General pediatricians are responsible for:
- Performing age-appropriate health screening
- Diagnosing and treating acute and chronic illnesses, injuries, and other disorders that affect children
- Ensuring that children are achieving developmental milestones
- Performing evaluations to detect developmental or behavioral disorders (e.g., autism spectrum disorders, attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder) and developing care plans to address these problems
- Educating parents/caregivers about well-child care, including immunizations, and counseling parents/caregivers about all aspects of their child’s health
- Working with parents/caregivers to foster healthy lifestyles
- Advocating for the welfare of children, educating those involved in the care of children, and effectively communicating with parents/caregivers, other physicians, teachers, and social workers on issues of child welfare
Additional Pediatric Services
- Wellness Visits
- Sick Care and Injuries
- Newborn Visits
- School and Sports Physicals
- Nutrition Information
- Screenings: dental, hearing, lead, nutrition, tuberculosis, and vision
Meet Our Provider
Darshan Trivedi, MD
Dr. Trivedi is a member of Academy of Pediatrics and obtained his medical degree from Government Medical College in Surat, India. He completed a Residency in Pediatrics at Mercy Hospital in Chicago, IL. Dr. Trivedi is working as a Pediatrician at Catskill Regional Medical Group in Ferndale and has been practicing for over 30 years.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, contact our Pediatric Department at 845-292-6684. Our services are located at:
Catskill Regional Medical Group – Liberty
39 Old Monticello Road
Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM