When faced with an infection that can be difficult to diagnose or treat, it is important to consult an expert physician. The Infectious Diseases Department at Catskill Regional Medical Group has specialists who are trained to investigate and diagnose all manner of infections and fevers of unknown origin.
They have the knowledge base to treat:
- Tick borne illnesses: Warm weather bring tick season into full effect – affecting residents and travelers to the Catskills and Sullivan County area.
- Travel Vaccinations: Protect yourself and your community by getting vaccinated before you travel. Four to six weeks before you travel, call our Infectious Disease specialist: 845-794-5335, for pre-travel health consultation and immunizations.
- Hepatitis C: If you have been diagnosed with Hepatitis C, you may be looking for answers on treatment to prevent further damage of your liver, like cancer, cirrhosis, or scarring. There are several types of Hepatitis C and all respond to treatment differently.
- Post-op Infections: Individuals who undergo a surgical procedure and develop a post-op infection require specialized treatment to optimize the healing process. Our infectious disease specialist is here to work with you to develop a treatment plan that best meets your needs based on the infection type, severity, and your overall health.
Our infectious disease specialist also commonly treats:
- Multi-drug resistant infections
- Surgical infections, such as prosthetic joint infections, and spinal infections.
- Hepatitis B
- Complicated fungal infections and much more.
These specialists can help investigate and contain outbreaks of contagious pathogens in institutions and the community. Combing an in depth knowledge of the microbiology of human pathogens with rigorous training in internal medicine and infectious disease, these specialists are the go-to physicians for complicated infections.
To learn more or to schedule an appointment, please call: 845-794-3379
Meet Our Infectious Disease Team
Zainab Alnafoosi, MD
Dr. Alnafoosi received her medical degree from Dubai Medical College in Dubai, United Arab of Emirates (UAE) and completed her Residency in Internal Medicine at Hamad Medical Corporation in Doha, Qatar and Interfaith Medical Center in Brooklyn, NY. She also completed her Fellowship in Infectious disease from SUNY Downstate Medical Center in Brooklyn, NY.
Rekha Sivadas, MD
Dr. Sivadas received her medical degree from Kasturba Medical College in Karnataka, India and completed her Residency in Internal Medicine at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, NJ.
Jodi Galaydick, MD
Dr. Galaydick obtained her medical degree from Upstate Medical University SUNY, Syracuse, NY. She completed her residency in Internal Medicine at Wake Forest University Baptist Medical in Winston-Salem, NC. She also obtained a Master’s degree in Public Health through Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health in New York, NY.
Joshua Vernatter, MD, AAHIVS
Dr. Vernatter earned his medical degree from Albert Einstein College of Medicine in Bronx, N.Y. He completed his residency in internal medicine at Long Island Jewish Medical Center in New Hyde Park, N.Y.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, contact our Infectious Disease department at 845-794-3379. Our services are located at our Harris location, at:
Catskill Regional Medical Group
3rd Floor Ambulatory Service Building
68 Harris Bushville Road
Harris, NY 12742
Monday – Friday: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
By appointment only. Saturday hours available, please call for more information.