New Greater Hudson Valley Health System visitor restrictions to protect patients and staff during COVID-19 pandemic
Beginning Friday, March 27, 2020, at 8:00 a.m., the Greater Hudson Valley Health System (GHVHS), comprised of Orange Regional Medical Center, Catskill Regional Medical Center, Orange Regional Medical Group, Catskill Regional Medical Group, and Orange Regional Medical Center Foundation and Catskill Regional Medical Center Foundation, will enact new patient visitation restrictions to further protect patients and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Pediatric patients and NICU: are allowed (1) screened parent/guardian.
- Birthing Center/OB: Prohibiting all visitors except one (1) designated support person that meets the screening criteria for entry/prolonged visitation.
- Outpatient: Visitors will not be permitted, unless hospital leadership deems necessary. For all those seeking services in outpatient areas, patients are to be dropped off outside the facility unless they require assistance to enter. Any persons necessary to assist a patient will need to be screened upon entry.
- Emergency Department: Visitors will not be permitted; unless leadership deems necessary.* We will be contacting the primary point of contact after the visit is completed and we have an expected discharge time. The visitor will remain outside rather than assisting us in escorting the patient out of the building.
- Procedural and Surgical Services, including Interventional Radiology, Cath Lab, Same Day Surgery, Operating Room and Endoscopy:
- Visitors will not be permitted; unless hospital leadership deems necessary.
- We will be contacting the primary point of contact after the procedure is completed and we have an expected discharge time.
- The visitor will remain outside rather than assisting us in escorting the patient out of the building.
- Visitor can drive up to pick up patient at the front door.
- Behavioral Health Units – visitors will not be permitted.
- PUI (Patients Under Investigation) or COVID-19 positive – visitors will not be permitted.
*Any visitor meeting this exception must be screened for symptoms (cough, shortness of breath, or fever) or potential exposure to someone with COVID-19. The duration and number of visits should be minimized.
*Note: Visitation rulings are subject to change based on the current pandemic.