Last updated: 4/3/2020, 12:05 PM
FOR GENERAL QUESTIONS ABOUT CORONAVIRUS COVID-19,
The public may contact the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) 2019 Novel Coronavirus hotline at 1-888-364-3065 to speak with a NYSDOH expert who will answer questions, Monday – Friday from 8:00 am – 8:00 pm. Or visit online (ny.gov/coronavirus) to get more information about the coronavirus.
ORANGE COUNTY RESIDENTS
If you are an Orange County resident and have recently traveled outside the U.S. and have questions regarding coronavirus (COVID-19), please contact the Orange County Department of Health at 845-291-2330.
SULLIVAN COUNTY RESIDENTS
If you are a Sullivan County resident and have recently traveled outside the U.S. and have questions regarding coronavirus (COVID-19), please contact the Sullivan County Department of Public Health Services at 845-292-5910.
Orange Regional Medical Center, Catskill Regional Medical Center and the GHVHS Medical Group continue to closely monitor the situation and preparedness efforts are in full swing to ensure the health and welfare of our patients, staff and community.
We continue to meet with county Department of Health leaders and Infectious Disease physicians to make sure we are following the latest protocols and procedures to screen, identify and protect patients and staff. Out of an abundance of caution we’ve increased environmental service staffing, infection control measures and training.
IMPORTANT VISITATION NOTICE
All Patient Visitation will be restricted throughout the GHVHS. Please note the following specifications and exceptions:
- Pediatric patients and NICU: are allowed (1) screened parent/guardian.
- Birthing Center/OB: Prohibiting all visitors except one (1) designated support person that meets the screening criteria for entry/prolonged visitation.
- Outpatient: Visitors will not be permitted, unless hospital leadership deems necessary. For all those seeking services in outpatient areas, patients are to be dropped off outside the facility unless they require assistance to enter. Any persons necessary to assist a patient will need to be screened upon entry.
- Emergency Department: Visitors will not be permitted; unless leadership deems necessary.* We will be contacting the primary point of contact after the visit is completed and we have an expected discharge time. The visitor will remain outside rather than assisting us in escorting the patient out of the building.
- Procedural and Surgical Services, including Interventional Radiology, Cath Lab, Same Day Surgery, Operating Room and Endoscopy:
- Visitors will not be permitted; unless hospital leadership deems necessary.
- We will be contacting the primary point of contact after the procedure is completed and we have an expected discharge time.
- The visitor will remain outside rather than assisting us in escorting the patient out of the building.
- Visitor can drive up to pick up patient at the front door.
- Behavioral Health Units – visitors will not be permitted.
- PUI (Patients Under Investigation) or COVID-19 positive – visitors will not be permitted.
*Any visitor meeting this exception must be screened for symptoms (cough, shortness of breath, or fever) or potential exposure to someone with COVID-19. The duration and number of visits should be minimized.
*Note: Visitation rulings are subject to change based on the current pandemic.
MEDICAL GROUP TEMPORARY OFFICE HOURS & RELOCATION
As the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic continues, we remain focused on providing quality care for you. For the safety of our patients and employees, please note the new temporary hours of operation:
Effective March 24, 2020 –
- Urgent Care in Monticello: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Urgent Care in Middletown: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Primary Care in Monticello: 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Effective April 6, 2020 –
- Primary Care in Bethel: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM (Monday only)
Catskill Regional Medical Group’s Women’s Health office is temporarily relocated to Harris:
Ambulatory Service Building, 1st Floor
Harris, NY 12742
COMMUNITY EVENTS & SUPPORT SERVICES:
- Blood Drives at ORMC have been cancelled, until further notice.
- Volunteer Services have been suspended.
- ORMC and CRMC in-person support groups & community health classes have been suspended until further notice.
- Birthing Center tours are suspended for March.
- Canceled / Rescheduled events:
- Birth & Baby Fest – postponed to August 9
- Mission Nutrition – postponed – new date TBD
- Youth Metal Health First Aid Catskill – Cancelled
- Freedom from Smoking Facilitator Course – postponed – new date TBD
- March of Dimes – Now a Virtual Walk
- RISE Walk – Now a Virtual Walk
MEDICAL GROUP APPOINTMENTS
Doctor visits and follow-up appointments are being offered by our Medical Group providers by phone for established patients, and are now covered by most insurance for primary care and multiple specialties (co-pay may apply). Not every medical issue is appropriate for a phone appointment, but some are a possibility for established patients.
If you have a medical issue and want a phone appointment with a doctor at Orange Regional Medical Group or Catskill Regional Medical Group, please call 845-333-7575.
REGARDING BILLING QUESTIONS
To continue to meet patient needs, while protecting our healthcare workers, GHVHS is transitioning to a telecommunication process for questions regarding open balances, self-pay after insurance, self-pay, payment arrangements or financial assistance status. Please do not come to the billing office to ask questions.
If your question is about an open self-pay balance, recent payment or financial aid status, please contact Bolder at 888-280-8432.
For all other inquiries, please follow up with a GHVHS representative by email to email@example.com.
To speak to a representative please call:
- Orange Regional Medical Center / ORMC Medical Group/ Urgent Care: 845-333-7880
- Catskill Regional Medical Center / CRMC Medical Group / Urgent Care: 845-333-8989
If you suspect that you are infected with coronavirus COVID-19, or have been in contact with someone with coronavirus, do not go to the hospital or to your doctor. You could infect other people including much-needed healthcare workers. Contact your local health department and follow their advice. In Orange County call 845-291-2330. In Sullivan call 845-292-5910.
PUBLIC TESTING FOR COVID-19
We are not a public testing facility for COVID-19.
If you suspect that you are infected with coronavirus COVID-19, or have been in contact with someone with coronavirus, do not go to the hospital or to your doctor. You could infect other people including vital healthcare workers.
Stay home and call your doctor or your local health department (DOH) and follow their advice. Orange Co. DOH – 845-291-2330. Sullivan Co. DOH – 845-292-5910. Call 911 in an emergency.
COVID-19 PUBLIC TESTING LOCATIONS
New York State is now providing drive-thru Coronavirus (COVID-19) testing by appointment only at the Anthony Wayne Recreation Area, located off the Palisades Interstate Parkway. Should residents have general questions or need information about scheduling an appointment, contact the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) 2019 Novel Coronavirus hotline at 1-888-364-3065 to speak with a NYSDOH expert.
Middletown Medical in Middletown is also conducting public testing.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO PREVENT CORONAVIRUS
While there is currently no vaccine to prevent this virus, these simple steps can help stop the spread of this and other respiratory viruses:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Read more prevention tips from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
Additional Community Resources:
- New York State Coronavirus Hotline: 888-364-4837
- Orange County Department of Health: 845-291-2330
- Sullivan County Department of Public Health Services: 845-292-5910
- New York State Department of Health – Coronavirus Information
- CDC – Coronavirus Information
- NY State COVID-19 Emotional Support Line: 1-844-863-9314