845-794-3300 ext. 2106
Catskill Regional Diabetes Self-Management Training Center has been serving the people in our area with diabetes since 1999. We have been recognized for meeting the National Standards for Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support by the American Diabetes Association since 2001. We are committed to helping you learn the skills necessary to manage diabetes and avoid complications.
With more than 20 years of combined experience in diabetes education, our team consists of nationally-certified diabetes educators who hold degrees in nutrition and nursing. We are also certified in many new advanced technologies including insulin pumps and glucose sensors. Our pump certifications include: Animas (One Touch Ping), Medtronic, Insulet (Omni Pod), Asante (Snap) and Tandem (T-Slim).
Diabetes self-management education is an integral component of medical care. Working under the direction of a Board-certified Endocrinologist, our team of Certified Diabetes Educators, including a Registered Nurse and a Registered Dietitian, teams with your medical provider to ensure quality level of treatment for your specific health needs.
We Have What You Need
Whether you are newly diagnosed or have had diabetes for years, we work with your doctor to design a management plan just for you. We offer comprehensive diabetes training for people with diabetes along with their family members and caregivers. Training topics include:
- Diabetes self-management classes, including topics on exercise, medications, monitoring, sick day management, travel, health promotion, acute and chronic complications, cardiac nutrition and meal planning.
- Diabetes management during pregnancy
- Insulin management including insulin pump therapy
- Nutritional counseling
- Blood glucose monitoring and continuous glucose monitoring
- Diabetes community education programs
- Adult Diabetes Support Group which provides education and support
We’re Here Through Every Stage of Diagnosis
The Catskill Regional Diabetes Self- Management Training Center is an excellent resource for people with diabetes at any stage. You can benefit if you:
- Have recently been informed you have diabetes or pre-diabetes
- Have had diabetes for some time and are having difficulty with blood sugar control
- Have developed complications related to diabetes
- Are interested in the latest technologies and treatments, including insulin pump therapy and continuous glucose monitoring
- Have developed diabetes during pregnancy
- Are interested in more information about your health
How to Enroll
For more information, please contact us Monday through Friday at
845-794-3300, extension 2106.
We also recommend the following websites as additional and reputable resources: