Cardiac wellness requires commitment and if you have cardiovascular disease or suffer from heart-related difficulties, rehabilitation is a key component of your cardiac recovery. As part of our comprehensive spectrum of care in Catskill Regional Medical Center’s Cardiology Program, we offer a comprehensive program for cardiac rehabilitation and heart care that will help you to regain strength and build a healthier heart.
Our cardiac rehabilitation program is certified by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR).
While cardiac rehab programs are not required to be certified, Catskill Regional Medical Center is committed to providing our patients with the highest quality care. Certification by the AACVPR ensures that our Cardiac Rehabilitation Program meets the highest standards of patient care.
Our cardiac rehabilitation program is designed to help patients significantly reduce their risk or recurrence of heart disease by helping to restore their health and well-being. Whether you have come to us for preventative care or ongoing heart treatment, we’re here to help you make healthy changes in many parts of your life.
Our preventive care team will evaluate your risk of heart disease and start preventive therapy. Our rehabilitative cardiologists focus on your recovery after a heart attack or a qualifying cardiac event. Both help you to make healthy changes in many parts of your life, in addition to taking the appropriate medications for your particular problems.
Education is a big part of every patient’s treatment plan. Topics we may address as part of your treatment include:
- How to reduce the potential for, or effects of, heart disease through awareness and modification of risk factors
- How to recognize heart disease signs and symptoms
- Know when to seek medical treatment
- Help in adopt a personalized exercise program that is effective, safe and appropriate for your health, age and physical ability
- Understand your cardiac medications
- Determine your ideal body weight and daily caloric requirements
- Lower your total cholesterol through good nutrition and physical activity
- Design a smoking cessation program that will work for you
- Listen to your body’s responses to physical activities and stress
As patients learn how to reduce cardiac risk factors, they enhance the quality of their lives. You will also benefit from the support of fellow participants who are working toward the common goal of a healthier lifestyle.
Individualized Cardiac Rehab Treatment Plans
As part of your individual treatment plan, our experienced team will review your health history, previous cardiac testing results, and cardiac risk factors with you to determine your cardiovascular health level and physical fitness. We will review your health overall for heart disease signs and symptoms, as well as:
- A review of any other medical condition you may have
- A review of any medications you are taking
- Your current activity level and exercise regimen
- Diet and nutrition review
- Your stress level and ability to manage stress
Understanding these and many other factors helps us to best customize your cardiac recovery action plan. For example, if you have another medical condition, such as diabetes or kidney disease, your cardiologist will know how to plan your care to take all your health needs into account.
Cardiac Care Program Provides:
- Specially trained personnel
- Availability of all hospital services
- Information and review of your medications
- Feedback to monitor your progress
- Diet and nutrition education and review
- Information on reducing risk factors
- Peace of mind — you are getting the best help available
- Continuous monitoring of your exercise regimen
- Stress management
Planned and supervised exercise is good for you and your heart. Our programs are designed to reduce your risk of heart attack and stroke by helping you:
- Lose weight and increase your lean body mass
- Lower your blood pressure
- Lower your cholesterol level
- Lower your levels of triglycerides (fatty acids)
- Ease stress and depression
- Strengthen your sense of well-being
- Reduce chest pain from angina
- Increase your capacity to work and exercise
- Increase the efficiency of your muscles
Our offices are located at 68 Harris Bushville Road in Harris, NY 12742. To learn more about our program or to schedule an appointment, please call:
- For Rehabilitation Services: 845-794-3300 ext. 2755
- Cardio-pulmonary Services: 845-794-3300 ext. 2146
- Appointment scheduling: 845-794-3300 ext. 2226