Cancer Services Program of Sullivan County
845-794-3300 ext. 2794
Cancer Services Program of Sullivan County provides free breast, cervical and colon cancer screening to uninsured and under-insured men and women in Sullivan County.
Available Screening Tests
Breast Cancer Screenings
Over the past decade, the Cancer Services Program (CSP) of Sullivan County has helped hundreds of women without insurance get screened for breast cancer. The mission of the CSP is to ensure that women, despite insurance status, have access to mammograms and breast exams.
Clinical breast exam every year for uninsured women over 40 (women under the age of 40 who are at high risk for breast or cervical cancer may also be eligible for screening.)
Pelvic exam with Pap test every three years for uninsured women over 40.
Screening mammogram every year for uninsured women over 40.
Colon Cancer Screenings
- Colon cancer screening kits are provided every year for uninsured women and men over 50.
- Screening colonoscopy are provided for uninsured women and men at elevated or high risk for developing colon cancer
Assurance of Follow-up Based on Test Results
If the screening test finds something abnormal, our program pays for further testing and provides a case manager who guides clients through those follow-up appointments. Diagnostic tests (diagnostic mammogram, sonogram, colonoscopy, breast or cervical biopsy, surgical consults), for clients whose screening exams suggest that further testing is required.
If treatment is needed, support is given to help individuals apply for New York State’s Medicaid Cancer Treatment Program. Some of the support you can look to the CSP for would include:
- Recommendations about further diagnostic testing
- Counseling on medical care that may be required
- Help in making appointments and arranging transportation to and from doctor visits
- Appropriate referrals to health and human service agencies as necessary
- Assistance with enrollment in the Medicaid cancer treatment program for financially eligible clients who are diagnosed with breast, cervical or colon cancer
Cancer Screenings: Participating Locations
Cancer Services Program of Sullivan County contracts with many local physicians and nurse practitioners to provide services to our clients. The New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) has credentialed each of these health care providers to perform breast exams, Pap tests and pelvic exams. Some of our current providers throughout Sullivan County, include:
- Primary Care (CRMC): Concord Rd Monticello, NY 12701
- Bethel Medical Center: 1522 Route 17B White Lake, NY 12723
- Hudson River Health Care: 19 Lakewood Ave Monticello, NY
- Callicoon Family Health Center: 8881 State Route 97 Callicoon, NY 12723
- Livingston Manor Family Health Center: 36 Pearl St. Livingston Manor, NY 12758
- Middletown Medical: 653 Ferndale Rd. Ferndale, NY 12734
- Youngsville Medical Center: 4054 State Rt 52 Youngsville, NY 12791
Please call us at 845-794-3300 ext. 2794 to see if your primary care physician works with our program.