845-794-3300 ext. 2794
Cancer Services Program of Sullivan County
Cancer Services Program of Sullivan County provides free breast, cervical and colorectal cancer screening to uninsured and underinsured men and women in Sullivan County.
Available Screening Tests
- Clinical breast exam every year for uninsured women over 40 (women under the age of 40 who are at high risk for breast or cervical cancer may also be eligible for screening.)
- Pelvic exam with Pap test every three years for uninsured women over 40
- Screening mammogram every year for uninsured women over 40
- Colon cancer screening kit provided every year for uninsured women and men over 50
- Screening colonoscopy for uninsured women and men at elevated or high risk for developing colon cancer
- Diagnostic tests (diagnostic mammogram, sonogram, colonoscopy, breast or cervical biopsy, surgical consults), for clients whose screening exams suggest that further testing is required
- Assurance of follow-up based on test results:
- Recommendations about further diagnostic testing
- Counseling on medical care that may be required
- Help in making appointments and arranging transportation to and from doctor visits
- Appropriate referrals to health and human service agencies as necessary
- Assistance with enrollment in the Medicaid cancer treatment program for financially eligible clients who are diagnosed with breast, cervical or colorectal cancer
Women under the age of 40 who are at high risk for developing breast or cervical cancer may also be eligible for screening.
Cancer Services Program of Sullivan County contracts with many local physicians and nurse practitioners to provide services to our clients. The New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) has credentialed each of these health care providers to perform breast exams, Pap tests and pelvic exams. Please call us to see if your primary care physician works with our program.