The Catskill Regional Medical Center Adult Day Health Care Program provides medically-supervised services seven days a week for individuals with physical or mental impairments and challenges needing daytime assistance away from home.
The Adult Day Care program provides medical and rehabilitative care, along with improving self-esteem through physical, mental and social activities. Our program covers a broad spectrum of needs and services providing families with quality care for their loved ones. Our goal is to keep people living at home in the community for as long as possible.
Our Team of Professionals
Under the direction of New York State Department of Health, Catskill Regional Medical Center offers an adult day care setting that provides a team of caring and compassionate professionals to care for your loved ones. Our staff includes:
- Medical director
- Registered nurses
- Social worker
- Certified nursing assistant
- Social Worker: monitors and addresses psychological issues, registrant rights and HIPAA.
Our Adult Day Health Care Program Provides
Our Adult Day Health Care medical services and activities are designed to enhance physical and psycho-social needs designed around the registrants ethnic and cultural preferences.
In addition we have:
- A wander guard system which alerts staff if a registrant with a wander guard device tries to leave the unit
- Wheelchair accessible transportation to and from our facility
- Initial and ongoing evaluations by Registered Nurses
- Medication administration
- Medication management
- Monitor vital signs, weights
- Monitor glucose and labs as per physicians orders
- Personal care, assistance with ADLs and showers
- Assisted or total feeding
- Enteral tube feeding
- Wound care
- Respiratory treatments
- Monthly health presentations
- Ongoing health education
- RNCP (Restorative Nursing Care Program)
- Nursing is proficient with referrals to proper entities for further medical care.
Socialization and Recreational Activities
- Arts and crafts
- Music therapy
- Pet therapy
- Mental awareness programs
- Ethnic and cultural activities
- Exercise program
- Birthday and holiday celebrations
- Cooking groups
- Continental breakfast
- Choice of hot or cold lunch
- Healthy afternoon snacks
- Kosher meals available upon request
- Diet counseling and care planning
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
Case Management Services
- Collaboration with physicians, caregivers and outside agencies to further enhance medical management
- Assist with Medicaid re-certification, food stamps, SSI, personal care services and Senior Housing
- Case management for medical appointments coordinated with transportation if needed.
Other Coordinated Services
(Additional fees may apply)
Adult Day Health Care is here for you in every season – Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall!
If you or a loved one is interested in joining our Adult Day Health Care Program, please call us at: 845-794-3300, x2781 or x2782. Our offices are open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Adult Day Health Care and transportation costs are covered by Medicaid, Managed Long Term Care and private pay rates available with and without transportation.
Managed Long Term Care Insurance and Medicaid are both accepted. Please call for further information.