Friendly and familiar faces play an important role in the recovery of CRMC’s patients. We encourage family and friends to visit but ask that visitors please abide by each department’s visitation hours and regulations as well as the CRMC General Visitation Guidelines.
General Visitation Guidelines
- Check in at the desk in the lobby of the Main Entrance to get your visitor’s badge.
- General visiting hours at CRMC are from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Please check with each department for their visiting schedule. Special needs can be addressed with your specific Nursing Department.
- Please have no more than two visitors in a patient’s room at a time.
- Please do not bring in any food or drinks to the patient without speaking to a doctor or nurse.
- Smoking is not allowed anywhere in the hospital.
Rules When Visiting a Patient on “Special Precautions”
The rules about “special precautions” patients are meant to prevent the spread of dangerous infections. If you are visiting a special precautions room, please read and obey the rules.
- Read the sign posted outside the special precautions room. The sign lists the precautions you need to take.
- Check with a nurse before entering the room. You may need protective clothing (gloves, gown, mask).
- Clean your hands right before you leave the special precautions room. • Observe limits to the number of visitors.
- Take as few things as possible into the special precautions room.
Your Visitation Rights:
Visitation rights include the right to receive the visitors designated by the patient, including, but not limited to, a spouse, a domestic partner (including same-sex domestic partner), another family member, or a friend.
Family for hospital wide visitation means any person who plays a significant role in an individual`s life. This may include a person(s) not legally related to the individual. Members of the “family” include spouses, domestic partners, and both same-sex and different-sex significant others.
A minor patient`s parents are regarded as family, regardless of the gender of either parent. Solely for purposes of visitation policy, the concept of parenthood is to be liberally construed without limitation as encompassing legal parents, foster parents, same-sex parents, step-parents, those serving in loco parentis, and other persons operating in caretaker roles.
At any time if a patient wishes to withdraw their right to receiving visitors they may do so.
Sullivan County Living
Living in Sullivan County provides many recreational, cultural and educational opportunities. Click on one of the links below to find out more.
Sullivan County Chamber of Commerce
Sullivan County Visitors Association
HudsonValley.com – business listings, jobs, real estate
Catskill Region News – Catskill Region news from the Times Herald-Record
Bethel Woods Center for the Arts